4 Ekim 2013 Cuma

Old English Literature


Last lesson , we learnt a lot of things about English literature . I think that England  has a rich literature with a long history . Especially ,  I was impressed by  Old English literature , inas much as it includes a challenging period  which is called Anglo-Saxon . When I was surfing on the internet , I read diverse articles about The Anglo -Saxon Period . I realized that epic poems , songs , Bible translations , riddles take part in this period.

İn my opinion , among the most important works of  this period is the poem Beowulf .This poem tells  the story of the legendary  who is the title character Geatish hero Beowulf .I learnt that  Beowulf is a heroic poem . I haven't heard the poem Beowulf ever . I want to read this poem definitely . 
On the other side , I want to refer to specific features  of Anglo -Saxon poetry . I learnt that simile is a particular feature of Anglo-                     Saxon style . As an example of this  ,the poem  Beowulf  contains at best five similes, and these are of the short variety .Also , metaphor                 ,alliteration ,variation are specific features of Anglo-Saxon poetry . 

                                            Finally , in this part I want to say how I enjoy in this course .                                                         Because I like English language and its long history . Thanks                                                        to this course , I will learn a lot of things about English                                                                  literature . 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder